It's easy to keep your customers happy and loyal to you with these simple and inexpensive methods- even in this economy. Here are five ways to keep your customers loyal to you and even get them to refer you to their friends:
1. A majority of you are probably already doing this but it is so easy to get busy and forget to book your customers next grooming appointment when they pick up their pet. Remember to ask each client this before they leave- "our appointments are filling up fast so would you like to book Fluffy's next appointment 6 weeks from today or would a Thursday be better for you"? Notice the way the question is stated. It doesn't make it easy for them to just say no. It's more of an open ended question and should provide a more positive response. Booking the next appointment deters your clients from trying out a new place the next time Fluffy is due for a groom. Plus it fills up your appointment book quickly.
2. Offer Customer Loyalty Cards- Customer loyalty cards can do just that- keep your customers loyal to you. Have you ever purchased from a place of business just because you had filled up your punch card and would get a discount? To not use that discount that you earned with your prior purchases would almost feel like you were getting cheated out of something. Sometimes, people will even stay with one store over another just because one provides a discount. Yes, we understand that not everyone is an "extreme couponer", but these really do work. They are easy to hand out to each customer the next time they pay for a groom. Plus, people are more likely to hang on to them rather than a business card. If you don't already have some, you can quickly customize and print some out in just a few minutes with the pre-made templates in The Groomers Profit Generating Kit. You can also find several professionally printed grooming loyalty cards available online.
3. Customer Referral Coupons- They give your customers an incentive to spread the word about you. You can hand them out to each and every customer when they pay for their grooming. It can include a coupon for your current client if they refer someone to you and a coupon for their friend. What an easy, and inexpensive way to get more clients! Get even better results by also saving the coupon as a PDF or JPG and post it to your website, Facebook and Twitter page for clients to print out.
4. Keep in contact with your customers- This helps to build a relationship with your customers. Which in turn helps to keep them loyal. An easy and free way to do this is to begin a monthly email campaign with tips and advice. You can customize your own newsletter with Mailchimp for free (send up to 500 per month). It's the same company that we use.
5. Utilize your social media potential- It's Free and it's very effective. Add a "Like us on Facebook" message on all of your outgoing emails, your website, receipts and business cards. Offer Facebook only specials and encourage people to share them with their friends. Post before and after pictures of your clients critters and watch how viral your posts will become. It's another free and easy way to spread the word about your great service.
People love to do business with people that they like and they love to refer their friends to a place where they feel that they get great service. So let your personality shine through and build up a great rapport with your clients....you may just never have to advertise again!
Angela Thompson, creator of PetBusinessDashboard.com & PetGroomingMarketingKit.com. President of Etegy Marketing LLC. Amazon author page.